Friday, February 27, 2009

bags and such...

Okay, here I go again. For the last time, mind you. I am going to give this--the blog thing--one last try. If I can't muster up the time and energy to do it this time, then I'm done. Period. End of story. My story, at least. I'll leave the annals of history to others.

~~

With that said, where to start? Ah, I'm making bags. For my etsy shop. (www.modcouture.etsy.Linkcom) And for my artFire shop (www.modcouture.artfire.com). Are we seeing a theme here? I should say so.


At any rate, I've just finished the prototype for my first bag today. It's actually a messenger-type bag I designed about ten years ago. Didn't think too much of it then, but just the other week, I decided I needed something to make. So, I opted for making another bag--the original is completely falling apart. Then the idea struck me! Like a ton of...fabric? I should make these messenger bags and sell them. So, fast forward a couple of weeks--I had issues with the lining--and voila! We have a cute, skull-and-crossbone encrusted bag. Corduroy, too. And pink.

I know, completely girly and horrible. But it is so cute. And I just had to have the fabric when I found it at work**.

*an aside: yes i work at a fabric store. no i don't really bring home a decent paycheck-but it has nothing to do with how much i get paid. yes the job basically pays for my fabric/pattern-habit.
~~

Anyway (and you'll notice, I "say" that a lot)...back to the bags. I will start working on the real ones this afternoon--if the flu doesn't rule my day. And I will try to post pictures of my work in progress. Wish me the best of luck on this, as I'm not very good with the picture taking thing. Ah well, we all have to start somewhere.

~~

Well, I think this is it for now. Feel free to check out my store-fronts as there's nothing in them yet. And be the first to own one of my very special made skeleton bags! I'm sure they'll be the best skeleton in your closet...?? Yeah, I know...that was sad. :(

au revoir,
~j.b.

No comments: